- This rare tree is famous as it inspired the name of the country Brasil.
- Flowering and fruiting occurs from the beginnings of August until March.
- Investigations suggest that many subspecies of Pau-Brasil may exist. 
- The name of Pau-Brasil its inspired from the word "brasa" which is "ember" because its red ink has the appearance of that.
- Echinata means full of spines which is one of the characteristics of this tree, it has spines in its fruit.
- Pau-Brasil was mainly important in the first century of the colonisation. This tree was abundant in the time of the portuguese arrival, while nowadays its almost extinct. It is only found in botanic gardens in the cities and some schools.